Books Inc. hardcover best-seller list
- CITY OF THIEVES, by David Benioff
- AN EVERLASTING MEAL, by Tamar Adler
- NOW YOU SEE ME, by S.J. Bolton
- SENSE OF AN ENDING, by Julian Barnes
- 50 SHADES DARKER, by E.L. James
- AMERICA AGAIN, by Stephen Colbert
- CRAZY SALAD, by Nora Ephron
- GONE GIRL, by Gillian Flynn
- WINTER OF THE WORLD, by Ken Follett
- CASUAL VACANCY, by J.K. Rowling
STAFF PICKS For Adults
THE MAN WHO SAVED THE UNION: ULYSSES GRANT, by H.W. Brands
One of my favorite historians tells the story in grand style and with clarity. A truly wonderful read — five stars!
— B. Dito
HANDWRITTEN RECIPES, by Michael Popek
I love cookbooks. That this book was compiled via the author finding old recipe cards and notes tucked in between the pages of discarded books just tickles the heck out of me. Will I make the peanut butter cereal muffin recipe found inside The Mayor of Casterbridge, the sour cream coffee cake discovered inside Less Than Zero, or the noodle pudding recipe lurking inside a copy of Barbara Cartland’s The Wild Unwilling Wife? I might, but as any cookbook lover knows, sometimes it’s just as satisfying to settle into a comfy chair with a pot of tea and read.
— S. Mullin
STAFF PICKS FOR KIDS (AGES 3 AND UP)
THIS IS NOT MY HAT, by Jon Klassen
A little fish has pulled off the perfect crime. He stole a hat from a much bigger fish and there’s no way he can get caught, right? Rrright. This is hilarious fun for everyone, with gorgeous illustrations.
— C. Lutes
STAFF PICKS FOR KIDS (AGES 12 AND UP)
SERAPHINA, by Rachel Hartman
Brilliant storytelling, a fresh and winning voice, and a wholly original approach to the dragon myth.
— T. Gartner