Books Inc. hardcover best-seller list
- TENTH OF DECEMBER: STORIES, by George Saunders
- GONE GIRL: A NOVEL, by Gillian Flynn
- MY BELOVED WORLD, by Sonia Sotomayor
- TO SELL IS HUMAN: THE SURPRISING TRUTH ABOUT MOVING OTHERS, by Daniel H. Pink
- THE PARIS WIFE: A NOVEL, by Paula McLain
- CITY OF THIEVES: A NOVEL, by David Benioff
- PROOF OF HEAVEN, by Eben Alexander
- QUIET: THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT CAN’T STOP TALKING, by Susan Cain
- IS EVERYONE HANGING OUT WITHOUT ME (AND OTHER CONCERNS), by Mindy Kaling
- HELP, THANKS, WOW, by Anne Lamott
STAFF PICKS FOR ADULTS
by Sean Pidgeon
This is an absorbing, intriguing novel about the search for the historical King Arthur — from the dusty libraries of Oxford to the forbidding mountains of Wales. Fun, erudite and deeply romantic in the best way.
— Tom Gartner
The Dude And The Zen Master
by Jeff Bridges and Bernie Glassman
This little book really has something to say about enjoying life while enjoying the comparison of Zen with the life of The Dude character. It’s a reinforcing of values that make life good and worth living. In other words, it’s an upper. Keep rowing gently down the stream!
— B. Dito
STAFF PICKS FOR KIDS
Shadow And Bone
by Leigh Bordugo (ages 12 and up)
Set in an alternative Russia, this debut will enthrall and excite you. Movie coming soon!
— E. Freeman