- Boys in the Boat, by Daniel Brown
- The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green
- City of Thieves, by David Benioff
- This Is Where I Leave You, by Jonathan Tropper
- Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
- Season of the Witch, by David Talbot
- Fingersmith, by Sarah Waters
- The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
- Hard Choices, by Hillary Clinton
- Minecraft: Essential Handbook, by Scholastic
NEW THIS MONTH
The Girl with all the Gifts, by M.R. Carey
A girl is strapped into a chair every morning by men holding guns and wheeled into a classroom with other children strapped into their chairs, and they are given a lesson. What they’re learning, and where they’ll end up will twist your brain inside out.
The Loot, by Jude Watson
In this fun, middle-grade adventure story, the main character’s father, a world-renowned jewel thief, gives his son a last request: “Find jewels.” But jewels turns out to be Jules, his sister, and before he knows it, he and his sister are embroiled in a globe-spanning heist. A fun read and accessible for newer readers as well, our children’s specialists love this new book for summer reading.