With the current shelter-in-place order throwing our lives into a tailspin seemingly overnight, it probably comes as no surprise that we’ve not published our calendar of events this month. Although most arts organizations have suspended or postponed events and performances, some are offering online content. Here are just a few; check individual websites or social media for updates.
The Exploratorium (exploratorium.edu) is offering online learning resources as does the California Academy of Sciences (calacademy.org), which also offers animal webcams. The city’s art museums (Asian Art Museum, the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the Contemporary Jewish Museum, and the Walt Disney Family Museum) have a presence on #MuseumFromHome, a worldwide social media campaign, which offers digital content of museum exhibitions and collections.
The San Francisco Symphony (sfsymphony.com) has launched its Digital Concert Series on Apple Music, and a season playlist on Apple Music and Spotify. Their Keeping Score television episodes are available on YouTube, and their weekly radio broadcasts on KDFC.
S.F. Jazz has launched “Fridays at Five,” an online concert series with a $5 monthly digital membership and has a YouTube channel with over 200 videos.
During this time, it’s vital we get our information from reliable sources (listed below) that are updated regularly. The World Health Organization site also includes “myth busters” about the disease; and the San Francisco Chronicle (sfchronicle.com) is providing a comprehensive listing of resources.
• The World Health Organization: who.int
• Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov
• Journal of the American Medical Association: jamanetwork.com
• California Department of Public Health: cdph.ca.gov
• San Francisco Government: sf.gov
• San Francisco Department of Public Health: sfdph.org
• Subscribe to District 2 Supervisor Catherine Stefani’s newsletter: sfbos.org/supervisor-stefani-newsletter, District 3 Supervisor Aaron Peskin’s newsletter: sfbos.org/supervisor-peskin-newsletter, and those from the Golden Gate Valley Neighborhood Association: goldengatevalley.org, the Marina Community Association: sfmca.org, and the Russian Hill Neighbors: rhnsf.org
• Follow @goodnews_movement and others on Instagram
• Subscribe to CNN’s The Good Stuff at newsletter.cnn.com
• Search “good news” for many more
Email: [email protected]