Books Inc. hardcover fiction best-seller list
1. 50 SHADES OF GREY, by E. L. James
2. BOSSYPANTS, by Tina Fey
3. HOUSE AT TYNEFORD, by Natasha Solomons
4. CONCIERGE CONFIDENTIAL, by Michael Fazio
5. HARE WITH AMBER EYES, by Edmund de Waal
6. TIGER’S WIFE, by Tea Obreht
7. BUDDHA IN THE ATTIC, by Julie Otsuka
8. BIG SHORT, by Michael Lewis
9. DOVEKEEPERS, by Alice Hoffman
10. THE HAPPINESS PROJECT, by Gretchen Rubin
Books Inc. Staff Picks
THE ORPHAN MASTER’S SON,
by Adam Johnson
The writing is brilliant and the story challenging. It’s a picture of North Korea and government propaganda/control that will stay with you long after the final chapter.
THE HARE WITH AMBER EYES,
by Edmund De Waal
It’s about art and collecting. It’s about anti-Semitism. It’s about history and travel. Above all, it’s Proustian. Alas! It also has a moral. It’s a most rewarding read.
GOD’S HOTEL, by Victoria Sweet
This book about Laguna Honda Hospital is much more than the story of one venerable San Francisco institution. During her time there, the author developed an interest in the medical works of Hildegard of Bingen, eventually earning a doctorate in medical history.
ICEFALL, by Matthew Kirby
Kirby’s bleak mystery is an excellent coming-of-age and exciting adventure story. With expertly crafted characters and a unique tone, this book stayed with me long after I had finished it.