Books Inc. hardcover best-seller list
1. FIFTY SHADES OF GREY, by E. L. James
2. FIFTY SHADES DARKER, by E. L. James
3. FIFTY SHADES FREED, by E. L. James
4. SENSE OF AN ENDING, by Julian Barnes
5. CITY OF THIEVES, by David Benioff
6. MOCKINGJAY, by Suzanne Collins
7. IN THE GARDEN OF BEASTS, by Erik Larson
8. HOUSE AT TYNEFORD, by Natasha Solomon
9. CATCHING FIRE, by Suzanne Collins
10. THE ART OF FIELDING, by Chad Harbach
Books Inc. Staff Picks For Adults
THE JOURNAL OF BEST PRACTICES, by David Finch
In this sweet and funny book, the author sets out to understand two things: how to be a better husband and his recent Asberger Syndrome diagnosis. Finch writes about his journey with warmth, wit and self-depreciation.
— S. Mullin
2312, by Kim Stanley Robinson
In the 24th century, humanity has colonized the entire solar system, created near-sentient (albeit snarky) artificial intelligences, and invented countless new aspects of sexuality. But Earth is a cesspool, home to the familiar plagues of greed and aggression.
— T. Gartner
Books Inc. Staff Picks For Kids (8-12)
WILD WINGS, by Gill Lewis
This is a very engaging story about friendship and loyalty and protecting an endangered raptor. Set mainly in Scotland, the story stretches to Africa because of the migratory nature of the protagonist bird. It also involves the ingenious use of technology to overcome barriers of great distance to do good deeds halfway around the world.
— B. Deloria
Books Inc. Staff Picks For Kids (8-adult)
WONDER, by R. J. Palacio
If I could have every adult and child read one book, this would be it. Wonder is the extraordinary story of how encounters with one unique boy teach the people in his life the incalculable worth of kindness.
— A. Logan