Books Inc. best-seller list
- Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, by Daniel Brown (paperback)
- All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel, by Anthony Doerr (hardcover)
- City of Thieves: A Novel, by David Benioff (paperback)
- Dept. of Speculation, by Jenny Offill (paperback)
- Season of the Witch, by David Talbot (paperback)
- The Tender Bar, by J.R. Moehringer (paperback)
- Wild, by Cheryl Strayed (paperback)
- American Sniper, by Chris Kyle (paperback)
- Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand (paperback)
- Cool Gray City of Love, by Gary Kamiya (paperback)
Lentil Underground: Renegade Farmers and the Future of Food in America
by Liz Carlisle
A story of American agricultural business and the independent organic farmers who held out and now thrive. Sharply written, Carlisle has a Michael Lewis-like knack for finding memorable characters who will talk about what they believe in. A fun read!
Deep Down Dark: The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine
by Hector Tobar
After being buried alive for more than two months, the 33 men trapped below the earth made a pact: they would tell their story together. Pulitzer-prize winning novelist and journalist Tobar is the man they chose to help them tell it, and he does a masterful job expressing the tremendous effort to save them, as well as the men’s deep faith and togetherness.
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins
Called the “new Gone Girl” by The Wall Street Journal, Girl on the Train is like Rear Window from a train. A commuting woman sees the same couple having breakfast every morning from her train, but then one morning it’s all different. Soon she is enmeshed in a thrilling story by this fresh debut author. We expect great things from this one!
The Bear Ate Your Sandwich
by Julia Sarcone-Roach
A delightful new picture book features a story being told about the fate of a sandwich on a park bench one day, with charming images and lyrical writing. Not until the end do we suspect there’s more going on than meets the eye. A great read-aloud or gift for your young ones.