Police Blotter

Northside tales of guns and liquor

Chestnut Street Italian  restaurant Ristobar said it was twice the victim of vandalism due to its support for police. General Manager Mattia Ballarini told KTVU News that the week before Christmas, someone caused damage to tables and chairs in its parklet and to the awning and wind panels; following that incident, he said a woman dressed all in black with her face covered came into the restaurant and threatened further action if a banner supporting the police was not removed. The next day, the banner was vandalized.

Below is a selection of recent incidents reported by the officers of Northern and Central Stations.


Nov. 23, 9:24 a.m.

1000 block of Sutter Street

An employee unlocked the gate of the business, entered, and saw the suspect wandering around. The suspect asked to use the restroom and the employee let him use it.

Officers arrived on the scene and took the suspect into custody.


Nov. 24, 11:14 a.m.

Van Ness Avenue and Northpoint Street

Officers responded to a report of a stolen vehicle being tracked by OnStar. They located the vehicle and observed a subject possibly asleep in the driver’s seat. They ordered him out of the vehicle, but he did not comply and a brief struggle ensued. The subject had a bag strapped to his chest and he continued to clutch the bag as officers attempted to pull his hands away from the bag. The officers were eventually successful in removing the bag and placing the subject in handcuffs.

A loaded firearm was found inside the bag, and officers located narcotics paraphernalia inside the vehicle. The subject was booked at County Jail.


Nov. 26, 4:58 p.m.

Fisherman’s Wharf

Plainclothes officers conducting an auto burglary abatement operation received information about a vehicle involved in an auto burglary. They began surveillance and eventually cornered the suspects in the vehicle, which caused the occupants to attempt to flee. But the officers took all occupants into custody, and they recovered a loaded ghost gun and stolen property from multiple auto burglaries.


Nov. 26, 7:14 p.m.

Fisherman’s Wharf and The Embarcadero

Officers were informed that a vehicle suspected in multiple auto burglaries was in the area. The vehicle’s driver evaded the officers’ initial attempt to take the suspects into custody and fled at high speed onto The Embarcadero. The officers deployed spike strips to deflate the vehicle’s tires. A pursuit ensued, with the suspect driving recklessly to evade capture. Eventually, the three occupants of the vehicle attempted to flee on foot, but the officers captured all of them and recovered two firearms and numerous items possibly related to other auto burglaries. The suspects were booked into County Jail.


Dec. 1, 6 p.m.

Gough and Ellis Streets

Two people got into an argument that turned violent when one used a wooden post to strike the other. Officers arrived to find the victim bleeding from the head, and they detained the other person involved in the incident.

The officers located witnesses, video of the altercation, and the weapon. The victim was transported to a local hospital for serious but not life-threatening injuries. The subject was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and was later booked at County Jail.


Dec. 2, 12:45 p.m.

Location not provided

Officers arrived to a business on the report of a theft, and they found an employee and a witness holding down a subject. Video surveillance and additional investigation revealed that the subject stole several bottles of liquor and engaging in a physical struggle with store employees trying to retrieve the liquor. No one was injured in the incident. Officers detained the subject without further incident.


Dec. 4, 3:30 p.m.

Hemlock and Larkin Streets

Officers investigating a shooting viewed mobile phone video that showed multiple people in an argument when one of them fired a gun at the ground near the feet of another person. No one was injured.


Dec. 5, 2:28 pm.

400 block of Broadway Street

The suspect entered a store and attempted to make a purchase but did not have enough money. The suspect began to grab items and jumped on top of the counter while standing in an aggressive stance over the victim. The suspect then jumped off the counter and fled with the items. Officers were able to take the suspect into custody.

Feedback: [email protected]

Send to a Friend Print