Police Blotter

The violent streets

A roundup of recent incidents on the Northside

Here is a sampling of recent crimes in the district covered by the San Francisco Police Department Northern Station.


May 19, 9 a.m.

Fillmore Street and Golden Gate Avenue

A victim reported that he had been accosted by two people at a bus stop and told “Give it up or die.” The victim, fearing for his safety, surrendered cash and medication that he had on him. The subjects then fled on foot. The victim was not injured.


May 19, 2:12 p.m.

1400 block of Chestnut Street

Officers responded to a report of shots fired. A pest control worker had located a firearm in a yard. He did not realize the gun was real until he picked it up; when he dropped it to the ground, it discharged. No one was injured.


May 21, 9 a.m.

Gough and Hickory Streets

Officers met with an 83-year-old victim and several witnesses. The victim had been pushed over by a subject who attempted to steal the victim’s purse. Bystanders intervened and the subject fled on foot. The victim was treated for minor injuries.


May 23, 8:45 a.m.

Franklin and Turk Streets

A food delivery driver told police that he had left his vehicle locked and unattended to complete a delivery. When he returned to his vehicle, he saw a subject reaching through a shattered window of the vehicle. The victim confronted the subject, who had removed a bag from the vehicle; the subject elbowed the victim in the face, causing minor injury, and fled the scene on foot. The victim was treated medically at the scene.


June 1, 9:38 a.m.

2400 block of Chestnut Street

Multiple 911 callers reported gunshots, and they informed the police that a black sedan with no headlights that was possibly involved was last seen speeding away from the area. The victim was able to make it to Francisco and Divisadero Streets, where he flagged down officers.

Police officers determined that the shooting was related to a shoplifting incident at a nearby convenience store and pharmacy, and they obtained descriptions of the suspect and vehicle from multiple sources. The information was shared over police radio, and an SFPD unit spotted an unoccupied vehicle matching the description, and a 27-year-old San Bruno resident was located and detained. A firearm was recovered from his waistband. 

After further investigation, he was charged with attempted homicide, assault with a firearm, false impersonation, shooting at an occupied vehicle, possession of a firearm by a felon, carrying a loaded firearm, convicted person carrying loaded firearm, unlawful possession of firearm by prohibited person, not registered owner of concealed firearm, concealed firearm on person, convicted person having concealed firearm on person, and unlawful possession of concealed firearm.


June 2, 10:40 a.m.

The Embarcadero

A 73-year-old woman was left unconscious and bleeding from her head after she was knocked down. A suspect was seen sprinting away from the scene. Witnesses came to the woman’s aid and she was taken to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. Medical staff determined she had a concussion, several cracked ribs, and significant bruising from the incident.

Drawing on witness descriptions and video evidence, SFPD issued a crime bulletin on the suspect. An off-duty police officer who was jogging along the Embarcadero saw an individual matching the description, and his identity was confirmed, but police released him pending further investigation. 

Soon thereafter, investigators obtained an arrest warrant, and he was later recognized at a Giants game, where he was arrested without incident. The 34-year-old San Francisco resident was booked on felony charges of battery with serious bodily injury, aggravated assault causing great bodily injury, and elder abuse causing great bodily injury.


June 3, 2 p.m.

1100 block of Turk Street

A victim told officers that she was grooming a dog in the back of a van when a suspect entered the vehicle and tried to drive the van away. The officers got the suspect out of the van and placed him in handcuffs; he was placed under arrest and taken to County Jail.

The victim was shaken up, but did not sustain any injuries.


June 14, 8:45 p.m.

200 block of Willow Street

Officers responded to a report of a person suffering from a gunshot wound. They located an adult male victim, who succumbed to his injuries, and medics pronounced him dead at the scene. The incident was assigned to the SFPD Homicide Unit.

Feedback: [email protected]

Send to a Friend Print