Police Blotter

Recent Northside crime reports

The crimes below are a small snapshot of what the officers of Northern Station and Central Station are doing. For a more comprehensive list, visit; under Compstat, select the link to Crimemaps.


March 27, 3:46 p.m.
Geary at Franklin

Uniformed officers travelling west on Geary Street saw a subject standing on a corner next to a church. When the suspect saw the officers, he immediately began to walk away from the officers, jay-walking across the street. The officers spotted blue graffiti on the church’s wall. They approached the suspect and told him to stop, but the suspect refused and continued to run away. They caught up with the suspect and handcuffed him. He had wet blue paint on his hands and clothing. While being handcuffed, the suspected exclaimed “S–t, man! I have only been tagging for a month!”

The suspect had two paint markers sticking out of his back pocket and additional markers in his backpack. The officers returned to the church and saw fresh wet blue paint on the wall of the church; the color of the paint matched the color found with the suspect. They took photos of the scene and transported the suspect to Northern Station, where he was cited and released.


March 27, 8:25 p.m.
3000 block of Steiner Street

Officers responded to investigate a local restaurant’s report of counterfeit money.

They met with the restaurant’s owners, who told them that an unknown male suspect entered the restaurant and ordered a beer. When the bill came, the suspect gave the waitress a $50 bill, got his change, and quickly left the establishment. The owner checked the $50 bill and discovered it to be fake.

A few hours later, a female suspect entered the same restaurant and ordered a glass of wine. She, too, attempted to pay with a $50 bill, which the waitress refused to accept (due to the beer-drinking suspect’s actions). The suspect then gave the waitress two $5 bills and quickly left the restaurant.

Another customer saw that the suspect had taken their purse off the bar and ran out of the restaurant; the customer gave chase, crossing Lombard Street and dodging several vehicles before the customer lost sight of the suspect.

Several personal items besides cash and credit cards were inside the purse. The officers seized the $50 bill for evidence and canvassed the area for video surveillance, but it was to no avail. They filed a report on the incident, and the suspects are still at large.


May 23, 7:40 a.m.
Pier 9

A suspect posed as a parking lot attendant and took money from the victim to park in the parking lot. But when the victim returned to the car, there was an invoice on the windshield from the real parking lot attendants.


May 23, 12:10 a.m.
300 block of Columbus Avenue

Two suspects entered a restaurant. One suspect distracted the employees by starting a verbal argument with them. That suspect was escorted outside, and when the employees went back inside, an employee’s wallet that had been placed next to the cash register had been taken.


May 25, 9:07 p.m.
400 block of Chestnut Street

An unknown suspect approached a victim, pointed a gun at him, and demanded everything from the victim. Fearing for his safety, the victim handed over his wallet and cell phone, and the suspect fled.


June 6, 5:15 a.m.
1400 block of Clay Street

Officers responded to a report of a “hot prowl burglary,” in which a suspect entered a woman’s bedroom. She woke up and saw the man standing on her balcony, and the door was open. She called 911 while the suspect fled down the stairs and into the courtyard. Officers captured the suspect in the victim’s garage.


June 6, 7:30 p.m.
1600 block of Stockton Street

A suspect grabbed an iPhone out of the hands of a woman; she struggled, but was unable to keep hold of the phone. Two officers at Ping Yuen Housing spotted the suspect’s vehicle on the 500 block of Francisco, and they took the suspect into custody.


June 8, 8:30 a.m.
800 block of Geary Boulevard

A man climbed up a fire escape and into a building. Several officers responded to a report and surrounded the building. They were able to take the suspect into custody.

Send to a Friend Print